THE EXODUS is now THE RETURN to Freedom Church
We are opening our church on Sunday, June 7
Recently, we all received good news from our governor saying our state is going to slowly reopen, and that includes houses of worship. The Ohio Conference of the Free Methodist Church has sent instructions and guidelines for us to follow.
We are preparing for the return of the church. But, let’s not let the excitement of finally coming back together cloud our judgement or cause us to ignore the “new normal.” At least until further notice, here is how we will be functioning starting on June 7.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1. We will be thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing our church building before people return.
2. We are placing hand sanitizing dispensers throughout the building. We encourage everyone to use them.
3. Please self- monitor before coming to church. This means staying home if they are not feeling well, coughing or running a fever. We need to think about how to protect our most vulnerable.
4. Guidelines for the following procedures will be available at the Welcome Center.
Worship Center chairs have been moved to create further distance between each row. Chairs will be marked as to which are available for seating. We need at least one chair in between each person unless they are family members who may all sit next to one another.
We strongly suggest everyone wear a mask. We will make masks available to those who need and want one, but we ask for everyone to come prepared with their own if possible.
Ushers and greeters will be in place to welcome and give direction, but no hand shakes or hugs! Announcements will be made audibly and no bulletins to be passed out…yet.
We will be dismissed by rows through the double wide doors. Ushers will supervise this. Please keep your distance from each other as you exit.
5. Our Sunday morning Adult Sunday School Class will be meeting either outdoors or in the café until further notice beginning June 7.
6. Our Nursery and Cry Room will be open for parents to use. It will not be staffed but available if needed.
7. Offerings will be collected using a common drop off box.
8. Communion will be observed by using individually wrapped servings which we have pre-ordered. Each person will be instructed to pick up their own serving at the proper time.
9. Children’s Ministry - Children’s Ministry will continue to be postponed until Sunday, July 5th. Parents may bring their children to the adult worship service and sit together while practicing physical distancing with others in the worship center. Age appropriate Play Packs are available at the Welcome Center.
10. Special Events – an outdoor picnic may be scheduled in July. Groups may use the pavilion for outdoor gatherings. Weddings, funerals and other parties will have to be determined individually and will need permission to meet.
11. Freedom Café will not open for at least another month (July). We want to wait until we feel it is safe to serve food and drink again.
12. We will continue to offer livestream worship services (as we have been for the past couple of years) – so EVERYONE can enjoy the worship experience and participate should they not feel it is safe to return to the building.
or our website:
13. The church will be cleaned and sanitized AFTER services.
14. Life Groups, Bible study groups may begin to meet. We suggest meeting in small groups using all the same guidelines listed here.
15. Youth Ministry will continue to meet online until Wednesday, July 1st. That is the date we are projecting and hoping for!
We will be posting the following statement required by the Ohio Conference:
FREEDOM CHURCH, is dedicated to providing a safe environment for all who enter the facilities. In accordance with the recommendations of the Governor and Ohio Department of Health, we have implemented social distancing and are requesting all persons who are able to:
stay home if you are sick
wear face masks at all times while in the facilities.
wash or sanitize your hands when entering
abide by the recommended six-feet of separation.
If you are in the high-risk categories designated by the Ohio Department of Health, we request that you would continue utilizing the digital services (our livestream) available at befreemc.org for your protection.